1-1 Expert Advisors
One of the highlights of SOHO Victoria is 1-1 coaching provided by industry experts and is included free with your registration.
Whether you have a specific challenge you are facing in your business or something you’d like to understand better, you can get 1-1 time with an industry expert.
SOHO registrants can reserve a 15 minute time slot with the expert(s) of your choice. Time slots and a booking form will be posted in October.
Register NOW to ensure you don’t miss your chance to lock-in this incredible offer. You can choose from 7 different Expert Advisors including:
Alexandra Dawes – CPA, Virtual CFO
- Creating efficient financial processes using a foundation of cloud-based accounting apps
- Developing financial forecasting tools for cash flow analysis and projections
- Preparing for and assisting in financing raises and due diligence
- What are the top accounting apps to use when starting a business?
- How do I effectively build a budget and understand my future cash flow needs?
- How can I grow my business from startup to scale-up?
- What are the top financial metrics that lenders and investors look for?
Chris Whiteley – WordPress, SEO & Social Media
Areas of expertise:
- WordPress development, troubleshooting and training
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Blogging/Content Marketing strategy
- Facebook and Instagram Advertising
Examples of questions Chris can answer:
- How can I set my social channels up for success?
- Is Facebook a good place to advertise for my small business?
- How can I keep my WordPress site secure?
- What is the most effective SEO tactic for attracting quality traffic to my website?
- What is content marketing and how can it help my business?
David Webb – IT Professional
Westcom Business Solutions Inc. is a Victoria-based IT Services Company specializing in Professional and Managed IT Services for the BC Private and Public Sectors.
With over twenty years of IT industry experience Westcom is the perfect choice for managing your IT infrastructure.
Areas of expertise:
- Basic I.T. infrastructure that every business, small or large should have and implement
- Email and cloud services
- Security and backups
- Workstations and servers
- Expecting the unexpected when it comes to technology
Addison Mollon – CPA
Whether you require basic bookkeeping, strategic tax planning, or business advice he can find a solution that meets your needs.
Areas of expertise
- Tax planning for businesses and individuals
- Financial statement preparation
- Purchase and sale of a business
- Corporate structuring
Areas of expertise for small business.
- The management of people
- The management of processes and productivity
- Business development, marketing & sales
- Cash flow management
- Strategic, tactical, and operational planning and business modeling
Typical questions I can shed light on.
- How do I grow my business?
- How do I find and keep people to work for the business?
- Does [fill in any kind of marketing tool] work?
- How do I find money to grow my business?
- How do I buy or sell a business?
- How do I improve productivity in my business?
- Should I stay in business?
- How do I become financially wealthy [AKA ‘get rich’] through my business?
Denise Lloyd – Engaged HR Inc.
Areas of Expertise:
- labour market challenges
- the rise in bullying and harassment complaints
- the time to hire your first employee
- how to know when you are ready
- what you need to do for set up as an “employer”
- what to put in place to be a good employer
- the recruitment and on-boarding process
- Helping clients become crystal clear on what they want to achieve.
- Helping clients re-write their story – the past does not dictate their future.
- Creating an action plan with definitive steps forward, one day at a time.
- Helping clients take back their personal power to create the life they truly want
- Keeping clients accountable for their forward momentum
- A beacon of positivity.
- Where do I start?
- I’m not sure what I really want?
- How do I identify what’s most important?
- How can I create an amazing life?
- What steps do I need to take in order to get what I want?
Mike Lenz – Business Valuator
- Selling of a Business
- Buying of a Business
- Business Valuation
- Business Optimization
- Building transferable value in a business
Types of questions Mike can answer:
- How to determine the value of a business?
- What should I do to prepare my business for sale?
- What to look for when buying a business?
- How do I improve the value of my business?
- What is the process of selling a business?
- How long is a piece of string?
- Is that the best head shot you have?